Sunday, October 26, 2008

Our newest arrival and currently the most loved member of the family!

A sneak peek as to how it all happened.
The sun shone gently overhead while the crisp morning air lingered close to the moist earth. Kurt worked at the far end of the yard mowing the tall grass, his strong arms and cut build made the daunting task look like childs play. While he mowed, I worked on raking up the freshly cut grass on the baseball field. The sweet aroma that surrounded me awakened my senses like only it could and with the children playing in the front yard I was able to fully take in the calm serenity of the moment. That is when it happened...
The lawn mower broke and I realized how much over seeding bites! This was going to take us all day! That is when I threw down the rake and told Kurt to put the kids in the car...we were going to get a riding lawn mower!

And here he is...John Deere!




8 comments:

Sandy said...

Dude... I want a ride!

Me and The Boys said...

WHo likes it more Kim or Kurt? I want a panoramic view of your baseball field and such!

Cameron Family said...

Oh Dave will be so jealous! He'll force you guys to have us over for dinner again so he can take that thing for a ride.

Of course, our backyard is about 1/98th the size of yours. One straight shot with that thing would take care of the entire "patch" we call our landscaping!

Jody and Dave Lindsay said...

Kim,
We have a neighbor lady, an empty-nester, who has a riding lawn mower with a little wagon she pulls behind it. What is hilarious is that she gives the neighborhood kids rides up and down the street in the afternoons! The kids love Nana!

Laura Gilgen said...

we would love to have a riding lawn mower at our home. I can't tell mark he would be jealous
Laura

Terri said...

Hey, I'm going private, so leave me your email address on my blog.

Brandi Jo said...

You are good... you should start writing a book or something... I was totally hooked! :-)

John Deere seems to be a nice addition to your family if I do say so myself - coming from the Landscaping business. Very wise choice! We had a ride on that was not so shiny and green, but i will tell you that Justin found a way to use it on our 15x30 piece of grass in the back yard. He told me it was an item that our business could not go without, but somehow, it just ended up cutting our grass. Funny how that works! :-)

Katie said...

I agree overseeding is a lot of work! I like your approach to get a riding lawn mower to help ease the process of overseeding. I on the other hand would have just ordered new sod to be installed, only because last year overseeding did not work out for me because I did it too late. So this year I will have a fresh lawn of sod from a local sod farm here in Arizona, Evergreen Turf, that way I won't have to deal with overseeding. Maybe next year I'll get a riding lawn mower :)