Saturday, December 20, 2008

And who through our wondering eyes did appear?

That's right...Santa! Good ol' Saint Nick himself showed up last night at our ward Christmas party. The kids were so excited to see him! Jake was absolutely certain that he was not going to be the real Santa Claus. In his words, "Mom, I have seen a lot of Santa's and they all look different and have different voices". Yes my child is observant! So I explained again to him that Santa can not be everywhere so he has helpers. But I told him that one way to know if it really was Santa was to see if his beard was real. So when we were close enough in line to actually see him, he looked at me with the biggest smile and said "Mom, his beard is real". It was a fun moment!



Nash had this idea that if you give Santa a quarter he will say "HO HO HO!" for you. I don't know how Nash came up with this but I think that Santa should cash in on the idea! So when he sat on Santa's lap we told him about the quater and he took it from Nash and very sweetly laughed "HO HO HO!". Then he gave the quarter back to Nash and told him that he should put it in his bank and save it for another day. Nash was thrilled to have a quater from Santa!





I thought that Drew would be terrified of Santa but she wasn't. She walked right up and sat on his lap. He asked her what she wanted for Christmas and without any hesitation she said, "A Dora House!". It was fun to see her so happy!





4 comments:

Sandy said...

So cute! I love the pictures! Maddy still hasn't sat on his lap this year! We should have come to your party! :)

Me and The Boys said...

It's so fun when they BELIEVE huh! Have a Merry Christmas....we miss you!

Laura Gilgen said...

I Love the Picture of the Kids they are so Cute

Jody and Dave Lindsay said...

That was the cutest blog entry ever! I LOVED each child's reaction to Santa. And I can't get over how much your boys resemble their mother. All of your kids are so darling.

We were in Park City over the weekend and Santa came to the lodge foyer. Taylor and Jaxson sat on his lap. Austin hid behind my leg,yellin, "I Don't Wike Santa! I don't wike Santa!" I think I'll show him video footage of the running of the Krampus in Austria (big, hairy, horned beasts who run the streets before Santa appears- their mission is to scare the kids into being good) and see how "bad" Santa looks.....

Merry Christmas! Can't wait to see more pictures of your cute family!
Love, JODY