Friday, February 29, 2008

Totally Bummed!

I was just released last Sunday as the Young Women's President in my ward. It has been one of the saddest and emptiest feelings I have had in a very long time. My girls, as I call them, are exactly that...they are my girls! It is going to be so hard not to see and talk with them each week. I truly love each of them and was very sad to go. The good part is that we are only moving 20 minutes away and so they have promised to keep in touch. That is one promise I am going to make sure they keep. Here are some photos of the last activity we had together.

YW/YM WEEKEND RETREAT-

We went about two hours northeast of Phoenix to a cabin in the mountains. It all started out great...but went down hill pretty quickly!


We stopped and ate dinner in Payson at the local Pizza Hut. "Eat up kids, because you will be burning that food off soon enough!"


"Told you so!"
Unfortunately, the minivan just could not make it. We were stuck for about one hour before we were able to push it out. However, we immediately got stuck again...and again...and again. We finally gave up and hopped into another leaders 4wheel drive truck.


We finally arrived at the cabin a little bit after midnight. While changing, I discovered that I had salt water taffy stuck all over my be-hind. I am claiming that it is a survival skill I learned at girls camp. -Whenever you get stranded, stick as much food to yourself as you can so that it is easier to find later! Yeah, that sounds good.


Although we only had 4 hours of sleep the night before, we were still able to muster up enough energy to have a wonderful time sledding. It really was a great trip and I will always cherish it!

8 comments:

Me and The Boys said...

That sounds like so much fun! Leave it to you to get a taffy buTT! You're probably those girls' favorite leader EVER! Um I want to see pics of your new house. You should link them to your blog! K SEE YA LATER! Call me when you're moving!

Amy O'Neill said...

Looks like a lot of fun! The taffy on the butt thing is something that would happen to me. If there is anything sticky or slimy to sit on, it will be me to sit on it. I walked around girls camp once with a melted squished peanut butter cup stuck to my behind. Good luck with the move!!

Lara B said...

I am so sad for you, those YW will really miss you. You will be a great addition to the new ward you go to. What a fun retreat! Eventhough you got stuck over and over, I bet the girls will never forget it. I am sure you did a fabuous job with them.
Love ya, Lara

Brandi Jo said...

I was wondering how the retreat went. Looks like you all had a lot of fun!! I will have to remember the sticking food to you trick! :-) That could also work for just being pregnant... good idea!

Kandice and Rob said...

Cute pics! The YW presidency came into Primary yesterday to get Amanda West since she just turned 12 & it was strange to see a new presidency there! I'll miss you!

kara said...

Kim, I found your blog through Sandy's. I know what you mean with that "empty feeling" it's not a great one. But your blog is super cute I read through aways down. Your fam is so cute. Anyway we have a blog too jkboonefamily.blogspot.com

We are leaving the ward as well it is really hard. I miss everyone. Are you moving back into the ward later?

Charlene said...

Hey Kim,
I found your blog on Amy O'Neills. I hope the move went well. Chelsea sure does miss you. I hope we can keep in touch. Our blog address is theolivasclan.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to see that you were released! I really miss my calling. I hope that you enjoy your new house and ward! I miss Tolleson ward!
Emily Bowden